Attending MAWA’s annual Over the Top Fundraiser is one way to support us! Photo by Lindsey Bond.
Arts and culture is vital to a vibrant and healthy community. MAWA provides skill building at all levels; life-long education; mentorship; community; and advocacy. Our exciting programs reflect the highest standards of ethics and excellence. We are proud of all that we have accomplished over the years. Our greatest assets are our members and patrons. We couldn’t do all this valuable work with out you!
How can you help?
There are many ways to give to MAWA. You can designate your gift to a specific program or purpose, such as supporting the Foundation Mentorship Program or skills-based workshops, or make a general gift to be applied where it’s needed most. You can also help to ensure MAWA’s future by a giving a gift to the Legacy Fund.
Use the form on this page to make a one-time secure donation online using your VISA, Mastercard, or American Express.
Recurring online donations
Canada Helps is a charity which makes supporting MAWA even easier by allowing for a one-time gift or a monthly donation on your credit card.
Donate by cash or cheque
Please indicate if you would like to designate your gift to a specific program/purpose and mail or drop off your donation to MAWA, 611 Main St, Winnipeg, MB R3B 1E1.
You may also leave us a bequest in your will. Please call us for more information or speak to your estate planner.
Through the Winnipeg Foundation
We are grateful to the Winnipeg Foundation for accepting gifts on MAWA’s behalf, which will go to our Legacy Fund. You donate online and also by mail by writing a cheque payable The Winnipeg Foundation, and sending it directly to The Winnipeg Foundation at 1350 One Lombard Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3B 0X3. For information (204) 944-9474, or donate online at www.wpgfnd.org.
Through a Gift of Securities
Your gift of publicly listed securities is exempt from any capital gains tax. Please contact your financial advisor to arrange this charitable gift.
Did you know…
- MAWA has been in existence for over 33 years!
- since it’s inception, MAWA has reached thousands of artists through our mentorship programs, artist talks, workshops, symposia, critical reading groups and newsletters
- each year, applications to MAWA’s Foundation Mentorship Program exceeded our current capacity, sometimes by as much as 400%
- new programs are continually being piloted at MAWA, to reflect the ever-changing needs of the community
- MAWA is committed to integrating Indigenous, rural and new Canadian women into our programs as leaders
- Our membership of over 250 includes artists at all stages of artistic development, throughout Manitoba and beyond
Your donation will add to the health and longevity of MAWA, and enable us to keep doing this important work!